JCCdotCOM - JCC Computer Club By-Laws
Computer Club Constitution and By-Laws
ARTICLE I: NAME & PURPOSE
Section A: Name – The name of this club shall be JCCdotCOM / JCC Computer Club.
Section B: National Affiliation – None
Section C: Purpose – The purpose of this club shall be:
- Facilitate the usage of computers and technology by JCC students, faculty, and staff.
- Promote new technologies and their use at JCC.
- Promote internships, co-ops, and webinars to facilitate technology training and future employment by students & graduates.
- Foster relationships with employers, students, alumni, faculty, and staff at JCC.
ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP & DUES
Section A: Eligibility - Membership shall be open to students enrolled at JCC with an interest in technology.
Section B: Dues – No monetary dues shall be collected.
ARTICLE III: OFFICERS
Section A: Officers – The officers shall be a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Public Affairs Officer, Treasurer, and SGA Senator.
Section B: Eligibility – Officers must be Full-time or Part-time, carrying 3 credit hours (Fall/Spring) and/or 3 credit hours (Summer).
Section C: Election – The officers shall be elected by ballot at the first meeting of the spring semester by a majority of the vote cast for that office.
Section D: Term – The officers shall serve for one year and their term of office shall begin at the commencement of the spring semester unless graduating.
Section E: Vacancy – If a vacancy occurs in the office of President, the Vice-President shall assume the office for the remainder of the term and vacancies in any other office shall be filled by a special election.
ARTICLE IV: DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section A: President – it shall be the duty of the President to:
- Preside at meetings
- Vote only in case of a tie
- Represent the club
- Appoint committee chairpersons subject to the approval of the Executive Committee
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Perform such other duties as ordinarily pertain to this office
Section B: Vice-President – It shall be the duty of the Vice-President to:
- Preside in the absence of the President
- Serve as chairperson of the Program Committee
Section C: Secretary – It shall be the duty of the Secretary to:
- Record the minutes of all meetings
- Keep a file of the club’s records
- Maintain a current roster of membership
- Issue notices of meetings and conduct the general correspondence of the club
Section D: Treasurer – It shall be the duty of the Treasurer to:
- Receive all funds and process Request for Payment, Deposit Slip, and Officer Signature Forms.
- Keep an itemized account of all receipts and expenditures and make reports as directed
Section E: Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
- Coordinate the Programs & Special Events Committees
- Coordinate and maintain compliance with JCC SGA rules, JCC Club/Organization rules/policies
- Coordinate and maintain compliance with JCC Office of Student Services – Student Activities
- Coordinate Social media presence with Senior Director of JCC College Communications
Section F: SGA Senator
- Represent JCCdotCOM at SGA Senate meetings
- Maintain information coordination to the Executive Committee as well as general club meetings
ARTICLE V: MEETINGS
Section A: Meetings – Regular meetings shall be held monthly during the regular school year.
Section B: Special Meeting – Special meetings may be called by the President with the approval of the Executive Committee.
Section C: Quorum – A quorum shall consist of 50% of general members or 2/3 of Executive Committee.
Section D: Parliamentary Authority – Robert’s Rules of Orders, shall govern this club in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with these bylaws.
ARTICLE VI: EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section A: Responsibility – Management of this club shall be vested in an Executive Committee responsible to the entire membership to uphold these bylaws.
Section B: Membership – This committee shall consist of the officers as listed in Article III and the faculty advisor.
Section C: Meetings – This committee shall meet at least once between regular meetings of the club to organize and plan future activities.
ARTICLE VII: ADVISOR
Section A: Selection – there shall be a faculty/staff advisor who shall be selected each year by the membership.
Section B: Duties – The responsibilities of the faculty advisor shall be to:
- Maintain an awareness of the activities and programs sponsored by the student club.
- Meet on a regular basis with the leader of the student club to discuss upcoming meetings, long range plans, goals, and problems of the club.
- Attend regular meetings, executive board meetings as often as schedule allows.
- Assist in the orientation of new officers.
- Explain and clarify campus policy and procedures that apply to the club.
- Maintain contact with the Office of Student Services – Student Activities.
- Provide direction in the area of parliamentary procedure, meeting facilitation, group-building, goal setting, and program planning.
- Assist the club treasurer in monitoring expenditures, fundraising activities, and corporate sponsorship to maintain an accurate and up-to-date account ledger.
- Inform club members of those factors that constitute unacceptable behavior on the part of the club members, and the possible consequence of said behaviors.
ARTICLE VIII: COMMITTEES
Section A: Program Committee – A program committee composed of the Vice-President as chairperson and four other members shall be appointed by the President before the end of February, whose duty shall be to plan the overall program of the club.
Section B: Other committees – Social Media / Publicity & Membership
- Social Media / Publicity Committee – Shall be overseen by the Public Affairs Officer
- Membership Committee – Shall be overseen by the Secretary
Section C: Special Committees – The President shall have the authority to appoint any special committees, with the approval of the Executive Committee, from time to time as need demands.
ARTICLE IX: AMENDMENTS
Section A: Selection – these bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the chapter membership.
Section B: Notice – All members shall receive advance notice of the proposed amendment at least five days before the meeting. Students will be informed by email & posters knowledge by PAO/Secretary/Membership Committee Chairperson.