Financial Aid Refunds
Your financial aid will be applied to your balance to pay for your tuition, fees and any bookstore charges. When these charges are paid, the Business Office will refund any remaining aid to you. This excess aid is for you to use for your books, housing, food, transportation and other miscellaneous educational costs.
Eligibility for a refund depends on several factors and will be determined by the Financial Aid Office. Changes in any of these factors, such as dropping courses or withdrawing from the college, could result in delays in receiving a refund or the reduction of the student's aid package, thereby removing a potential credit balance.
Change in Enrollment Status
A student who has received a refund based on financial aid and later changes enrollment status may be required to repay all or part of the aid received to the college or to the appropriate federal or state aid programs. Students receiving federal aid, other than Federal Work-study funds, who withdraw, change enrollment status (increase or decrease credit hours taken), or are reported for non-attendance, may have federal aid adjusted in accordance with formulas prescribed by the Federal Title IV Program.
If you withdraw from all courses in any semester, we are required to calculate an amount of financial aid to return to federal programs. This may leave you with a balance owed to the college.
Important Note: Credit balance refunds are processed after the 30% point of the semester. Any new awards are normally processed weekly except for the last weekend of the month.
Johnston Community College has partnered with BankMobile to deliver your financial aid refund. BankMobile is committed to delivering 100% of your refund at no cost, providing students with clear choices and offering great customer service. When it comes to deciding how to get your money, you deserve choices. Your choices include:
- DEPOSIT TO AN EXISITING ACCOUNT
- Money is transferred to an existing account the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school. Typically, it takes 1 – 2 business days for the receiving bank to credit the money to your account.
- DEPOSIT TO A BANKMOBILE VIBE CHECKING ACCOUNT
- If you open a BankMobile Vibe checking account (upon identity verification), money is deposited the same business day BankMobile receives funds from your school.
Look for your Refund Selection Kit. It will arrive in a bright green envelope and contain your Personal Code. In addition to the Refund Selection Kit, you will also receive an email from BankMobile containing your personal code. Once you have your code, follow these easy steps:
- VISIT refundselection.com
- ENTER your unique Personal Code from the green envelope or email
- SELECT how you’d like to receive your money