These recommendations for software are important in setting the foundation and functionality of an online learning experience. A description of the software and a link to the FREE download are included below.
- Adobe Reader - Software that lets you view and print PDF files on various hardware and operating system platforms.
- Firefox - Web Browser developed by Mozilla.
- Flash Player - Software that is the standard for delivering high-impact, rich Web content like animations, designs, and graphical user interfaces.
- Microsoft Word Viewer: View, print and copy MS Word documents, even if you don't have Word installed.
- Microsoft Excel Viewer: View, print and copy Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel installed.
- Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer: View full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions.
- Microsoft Compatibility Pack: for opening, editing and saving files created in newer versions of PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- QuickTime - A program that plays video and audio clips. You can also view 3D animations, text and graphics. Download Quicktime.
- Real Player - A program that is used to play video and audio clips.
- Shockwave Player - A player that displays Web content that has been created by Macromedia Director. You can view 3D games and entertainment, interactive product demonstrations, and online learning applications.
- Windows Media Player for viewing .wmv videos [usually already installed on Microsoft Operating Systems]