JobLink Career Center
The Johnston County JobLink Center, located at 300 S. 3rd Street, Suite A in Smithfield, is chartered by the Capital Area Workforce Development Board and offers the following services to all students and graduates.
- JobLink Resources and On-Line Electronic Services
- Make your job search easier using job listings from across the state and nation; learn about services provided throughout the community; find out about training opportunities and financial support to enhance your education; create an effective resume; learn successful interviewing techniques; access current labor market information; and learn more about what employers expect form their employees.
- Job Search Assistance
- Take part in job seeking workshops and seminars; organize your job search; receive help on filling out job applications; and basic job search assistance. Job seekers may also file for Unemployment Insurance benefits at designated times.
- Career Development and Counseling Services
- Find out what careers best match your interests and abilities; take advantage of career guidance and counseling; and learn more about education and training options that lead to employment.
- Training/Educational Information Assistance
- Learn about educational programs and training opportunities; find out who's eligible for financial assistance through partner programs and how to apply.
- Support Services
- Gain the latest information on resources available for childcare, domestic assistance, and transportation.
- Specialized Services
- Participate in programs and services tailored to meet the special needs of individuals, including disabled and dislocated workers, veterans, older workers, and economically disadvantaged persons.
The following services are available for employers:
- Recruitment Assistance
- Place job orders which will be distributed to all partner agencies. Use JobLink space to conduct interviews with job candidates.
- Labor Market Information
- Increase your knowledge of important labor market issues.
- Outplacement Assistance
- Tap new resources for managing transitions in your workplace, including reorganizations or downsizings.
- Education and Training Resources
- Discover the best sources for meeting the skills requirement of your employees; find out about education and training for your present workforce and new hires; take part in designing and implementing customized training to meet the needs of your business or industry.