Whitetail Deer and Feral Pig
Quality deer management practices are strictly followed for whitetail deer
harvests. Feral pigs are liberally harvested to control the extent of damage
done by these feral animals.
There are a total of 8
slots for the Oct-Dec Stewardship hunts and 8 slots for the Jan-Mar Stewardship hunts. All hunters for the Stewardship hunt must also meet the
general regulations requirements for qualified hunters at Howell Woods.
- Pay slots for the Stewardship deer/feral pig hunts
will be filled on a first pay basis. Slots can only be reserved with a $100.00
deposit or full payment for the total number of slots requested. Deposit is
refundable if slots are cancelled more than 30 days prior to the scheduled
hunt date. Deposit is non-refundable for any reason if the slots are
canceled less than 30 days prior to the scheduled hunt date.
Subject to change on a yearly basis - valid though April 2013
All monies collected from all the hunting related activities that are conducted on
the property are used to fund the continued operations that benefit the ongoing
wildlife/habitat management, environmental education, and low impact outdoor recreation
activities. Simply put, wildlife conservation pays for wildlife conservation!
Spring Season January - March
- Feral Pigs Only - $300/two days (noon - 30 minutes after official sunset)
- One-day pig hunt - $200.00/one evening - 3 hours prior and 3 hours after sunrise (Wednesday)
- Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $350/two days (limited number of stands)
- Hunts conducted on Friday and Saturday, one additional day (Thursday) may be purchased for $100
Fall/Winter Season September - December
- Feral Pig and Whitetail Deer - $350/two days (legal shooting hours)
- One-day deer and pig hunt - $200.00/one day (Wednesday)
- Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $425/two days (limited number of stands)
- Each additional day* - $100. An additional day, Thursday, is available for purchase. Each additional day for the Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $100.
- Small Buck Harvest Penalty - $250
- There are no bag or size limits for feral pigs during any season.