Rates & Fees
Howell Woods is actively managed for the benefit of wildlife, educational opportunities, and low impact outdoor recreation. All money generated from the collection of fees is used for facility maintenance and improvements.
|Cabin Occupancy||1-2 guests/room||3-4 guests/room|
Classroom/Porch, Picnic Shelter and Amphitheater
|1/2 Day||Whole Day||1/2 Day||Whole Day|
|With Staff Program
(maximum 1 hour)
|Add $10||Add $20|
|Horseback Riding||$10/Participant||Maximum 8 hour period|
|Trail Riding Event1||$8/Participant||Must also rent property and/or property & facilities|
|Bike Riding||$5/Participant||Maximum 8 hour period|
|Camping||$5/tent||Check out - 1pm|
|Canoe/Kayak Rental||$5/day||Reservation Required|
|Fishing||$3 child/$5 adult||Maximum 8 hour period|
|Fishing Camp Cabin2||$20||24 hour use period|
- Reservations are required for all activities
- Kid = 13 and under
- 1Trail Riding Event = more than 25 horses on the property at any one time.
- 2Includes fish camp cabin use and fishing fee, maximum fee charged is $60.
|Time Frame||Child (13 & under)||Adults|
|Less than 2 hours||$3||$5|
|More than 8 hours||$12 + $4/each additional hour||$20 + $10/each additional hour|
|Time Frame||Amount per Staff Member|
|Less than 2 hours||$15|
|More than 5 hours||$50 plus $10 each additional hour|
|Group||Property Only*||Property & Facilities†|
- Government and nonprofit include: city, county, state, and federal government institutions and nonprofit organizations, churches, scouts, and other youth groups.
- Some areas may be unavailable during different times of the year.
- *Property Only = exclusive access to requested ponds, field, and/or forested areas and roads/trails.
- †Property & Facilities = Exclusive access to requested ponds, field and/or forested areas, roads/trails, and classroom/porch or picnic shelter and amphitheater.
- Rental rates are for a 24-hour period.