Whitetail Deer, Feral Pig, Waterfowl, and Wild Turkey
- Complete a 3"x 5" index card with the following
- daytime phone number
- e-mail address (if applicable)
- requested hunt date/number.
- Any entry card received that is smaller or larger than 3"x5" and not on
card stock, lacks any of the required information, or without entry fee will not
be accepted. If an entry is received that is not correct, the staff of Howell
Woods is not required to contact the perspective hunter and notify them
of the non-acceptance of their entry. For any entry not accepted, the check or money order will be destroyed along with the entry. Each destroyed entry will be logged in on a specified document with date received, reasons for non-acceptance, actions taken, outcome of actions, date entry and fee destroyed.
- Mail card and entry fee (non-refundable) to Howell Woods ELC, 6601
Devils Racetrack Road, Four Oaks, NC 27524.
- Only checks and money orders are accepted for entry fee and should be made
out to Howell Woods ELC. Total fees received should match the required amount
for the total number of entries received per hunter.
- Feral Pig, Deer, and Wild Turkey hunts - Only one prospective
hunter’s name per card; no groups or parties.
- Duck hunts- The name on the card will be
considered the hunt party captain. The hunt captain may choose the other hunter in his/her hunt
party as long as they meet the general regulation requirements for qualified
hunters at Howell Woods. For duck hunts - 2 hunters per party.
- Each entry card is good for one hunt drawing only! Individual
hunters/captains can enter more than once for each designated hunt date and
may enter for multiple hunts, but each entry will cost the required entry
- Entries will be accepted by mail or may be delivered in person up to
3:00pm of the date of the drawing.
- Two for each fall and winter (Oct-Dec) - feral pig and deer hunts and two entries for each spring (Jan-Mar) feral pig hunts, four entries for wild turkey and 3 entries for duck will be randomly drawn between
3:00-5:00pm on the date specified for each hunt. The lottery drawing date for all whitetail deer and/or feral pig hunts will be on Fridays, ten working days prior to each hunt. Any unsold Stewardship hunt slots available five working days prior to each hunt will be drawn as lottery slots. Each drawing will be open
to the public. In the event that the drawing can not be held due to an
unscheduled closing of Johnston Community College, the official drawing will
be held the next day the school is open for employees at 11:00am. New
entries for the rescheduled date will only be accepted if delivered in
person before the 11:00am drawing time.
- If a prospective hunter enters more than one entry card for a set
date, the first card drawn with that selected hunters name will be the card
used for that hunter. Any subsequent cards drawn with that selected hunters
name will be discarded and another card will be drawn in its place.
- With each hunter drawn during the random drawing a stand/blind or
area location will also be drawn to which that hunter is assigned to hunt.
- Each selected hunter will be notified by phone within 2-4 days of the official drawing. Howell Woods ELC will
meet its notifying obligations when the selected hunter
- has been spoken to in person,
- a message is left with an adult at the number provided,
- a message is left on voice mail or recorder at the number provided.
- If a selected hunter does not acknowledge notification of selection
before five working days of their designated hunt date a new entry card will
be drawn and that selected hunter will have the opportunity to participate
in the designated hunt date.
- If a selected hunter cannot attend the designated hunt date that they
were drawn for, that hunter may select any hunter, who meets the general
regulations requirements for qualified hunters at Howell Woods, to take
their slot in their designated hunt date.
Subject to change on a yearly basis - valid though April 2013
All monies collected from all the hunting related activities that are conducted on
the property are used to fund the continued operations that benefit the ongoing
wildlife/habitat management, environmental education, and low impact outdoor recreation
activities. Simply put, wildlife conservation pays for wildlife conservation!
Whitetail Deer and Feral Pig
- Entry Fee - $10
- Hunt Fee - $100/hunter
- Additional Day - $100
- Hunt Duration - two full days in the fall, two afternoons (noon -
30 minutes after official sunset) in the spring
- Small Buck Harvest Penalty - $250
- Entry Fee - $10
- Hunt Fee - $100/group
- Hunt Duration - two consecutive mornings
- Entry Fee - $10
- Hunt Fee - $100
- Hunt Duration - two days in a designated five day period
©2014 Johnston Community College. All Rights Reserved.
Site best viewed in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.