Whitetail Deer and Feral Pig
Quality deer management practices are strictly followed for whitetail deer harvests. Feral pigs are harvested to control the extent of damage done by these feral animals.
There are a total of 12 slots for the Oct-Dec Stewardship hunts and 12 slots for the Jan-Mar Stewardship hunts. All hunters for the Stewardship hunt must also meet the general regulations requirements for qualified hunters at Howell Woods.
- Pay slots for the Stewardship deer/feral pig hunts will be filled on a first pay basis. Slots can only be reserved with a $100.00 deposit or full payment for the total number of slots requested. Deposit is refundable if slots are cancelled more than 30 days prior to the scheduled hunt date. Deposit is non-refundable for any reason if the slots are cancelled less than 30 days prior to the scheduled hunt date.
Subject to change on a yearly basis.
All monies collected from all the hunting related activities that are conducted on the property are used to fund the continued operations that benefit the ongoing wildlife/habitat management, environmental education, and low impact outdoor recreation activities. Simply put, wildlife conservation pays for wildlife conservation!
Spring Season January - March
- Feral Pigs Only - $300.00/two days (noon - 30 minutes after official sunset)
- Night pig hunt - $300.00 - 3 hours prior to sunset through midnight
- Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $350.00/two days (limited number of stands)
- Hunts conducted on Friday and Saturday, one additional day (Thursday) may be purchased for $100.00
Fall/Winter Season September - December
- Feral Pig and Whitetail Deer - $350.00/two days (legal shooting hours)
- Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $425.00/two days (limited number of stands)
- Each additional day* - $100.00. An additional day, Thursday, is available for purchase. Each additional day for the Special Youth-Mentor Hunt - $100.00
- Small Buck Harvest Penalty - $250.00