General Rules and Regulations
- No firearms or weapons are allowed on the property except as permitted in
programs sponsored by Johnston Community College.
- All horseback, bike riders, fisherpersons, and campers must have made
PRIOR RESERVATIONS with the Howell Woods staff before proceeding on the property. No
reservations are required for trail hiking, but hikers are asked to sign the
visitor’s log located at the Learning Center building.
- For your safety, stay on the marked road and trails at all times. Hiking,
horseback riding, bike riding and motor vehicles are allowed on roads marked
with GREEN trail signs. Foot traffic only
is allowed on trails marked with BROWN
- No MOTORCYCLES or ALLTERAIN VEHICLES are allowed on the property without prior authorization from staff.
- Gates are subject to be locked at any time. Do not proceed beyond an open
gate unless the staff is aware that you have traveled beyond the open gate.
- All roads and trails are CLOSED during the periods of darkness.
- Pets must remain on a leash at all times.
- Relic hunting is prohibited.
- Harassing or harming any animal or removing any plant,
animal, or other organic matter from the property is prohibited unless
- Open fires are permitted in designated fire rings only. No fireworks are
- Swimming is not allowed in any pond or other water source on the property.
- For everyone’s benefit, please do not litter.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
©2013 Johnston Community College. All Rights Reserved.
Site best viewed in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.