Hospitality Heroes is an online training program for employees in the tourism industry. The Johnston County Visitors Bureau designed the course in conjunction with Johnston Community College to be offered free through the Small Business Center.
Hospitality Heroes will unify Johnston County’s tourism industry by teaching front line employees about tourism, their local destination and customer service. The online course takes employees through three modules:
- What is Tourism, the first module, explains tourism on a national, state and local level.
- My Local Destination, the second module, explains Johnston County as a destination.
- License to Serve, the third module, explains how to deal with customers and tips for quality customer service.
After hire date, employees are responsible for registering for the course through the Small Business Center. Once paperwork is received, the employee may start the course at the beginning of the next month. Employees will have one month to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Implement the techniques and strategies to exceed customer expectations
- Identify customer service touch points and make them a positive experience
- Create an infectious customer service style and attitude in your workplace
- Learn to anticipate customer's needs and manage their expectations
- Understand what tourism is on a national and local level
- Recognize the main attractions in Johnston County
- Be familiar with the Johnston County Visitors Bureau and their website as a useful resource when working with visitors
BENEFITS TO YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Increase number of new customers and retain current customers
- Positively differentiate yourself from your competition
- Establish an environment of optimum customer service
- Improve internal and external professional relationships and networks
- Promote a more positive public image
- Provide knowledgeable suggestions and information about Johnston County's things to do, places to stay, dining, entertainment and shopping opportunities
After course completion, employees will receive a Hospitality Heroes certificate, vouchers to local attractions within the county and an invitation to an annual luncheon to be recognized by the community as a tourism ambassador.
The course content for this online training program will be delivered using the JCC Blackboard system accessible at http://johnstoncc.blackboard.com. Once registered, you will be provided access to this system and the appropriate course content. For more information on Blackboard at JCC, click here.
Please submit this registration form by the 25th of the month for enrollment in the following month’s class. Complete, sign, and mail the Hospitality Heroes registration form to Rosa Andrews, JC Workforce Development Center, 135 Bestwood Drive, Clayton, NC 27520 or fax it to 919-359-1176.
|For more information, contact:|
Director of Small Business and Occupational Licensure