Foundation Board of Directors
Message from the President, Board of Directors
Johnston Community College Foundation
Every day, people in our community are asked to donate to a worthy cause or to a worthwhile mission. We are asked to participate in charitable endeavors through our time, assets, and other personal and corporate resources and to help people in need and further significant causes.
Every day, from among those myriad worthwhile causes and crusades, more and more donors choose to make a gift in our College Foundation to advance and benefit Johnston Community College.
The generosity of our donors is never forgotten or taken for granted by the College Foundation.
Men and women from our community give significantly of their own resources because they wholeheartedly believe in the vision of our College and in the capability of the College Foundation to make a huge difference for us all.
As a businessman, I know and appreciate what is involved in accountability for resources, especially to a nonprofit organization. As a banker, I also know and appreciate what it means to make an investment in an organization, its mission, and its vision for the future. And now, as President of the College Foundation, I also know that our organization insists on the highest of integrity and stewardship for all gift support.
Please let us know if we can show you ways to help the Johnston Community College Foundation continue to merit your solid investment.
Thank you very much.
Foundation Board Officers, 2010 - 2011
- Earl Worley - President
- Denton Lee - Immediate Past President
- Michael Cross - Ex-Officio/Treasurer
- Twyla Wells - Ex-Officio/Secretary; Executive Director
- David Johnson - Ex-Officio/College President
- Jenny Stewart & Nicky Cox - Co-Chairs, Community Relations Committee
- Donna Steele - Chair, Finance & Investment Committee
- Pam Harrell - Chair, Nominating, Scholarship, & Board Development Committee
- David Griffin Lockett - Chair, Resource Development Committee
Board of Directors
Current as of March 2011
Foundation Board of DirectorsBoard Member Expectations