Facts About JCC
- The Smithfield campus is on a beautiful wooded 175-acre site near the intersection of US Highway 70 Business and Interstate 95, east of Smithfield, North Carolina. Bordering both sides of College Road, the campus has 13 buildings, two scenic ponds with fountains, athletic fields, and is also home to the endangered Red-Cockaded Woodpecker.
- The Cleveland Center is located on NC 1010 in the Cleveland School Community. The Cleveland facility houses a computer lab and classrooms used for curriculum and Continuing Education programs.
- The Rudolph Howell & Son Environmental Learning Center, also known as Howell Woods, is located on Devil’s Racetrack Road near Bentonville Battleground. This educational and recreational center is over 2,800 acres of farmland, pristine hardwood and pine forest located on the Neuse River. Commonly referred to by locals as the “Neuse Low-Grounds,” this area represents practically all of the flora and fauna indigenous to Eastern North Carolina.
- The Arboretum, located on the campus just off US Highway 70 Business, promotes prudent and responsible use of cultivated plants and the conservation of native species through the acquisition, evaluation, and aesthetic display of selected plant materials in an educational environment for students, visitors, and local citizens.
- The Workforce Development Center, located on Bestwood Drive in Clayton, is a 30,000-square-foot educational and technical skills training center. The center, which opened in 2005, offers courses in life sciences programming and business training as well as workforce development in biotechnology and other sciences.
- Johnston Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the certificate, diploma, and associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Johnston Community College.
Enrollment (unduplicated headcount)
- Curriculum - 5,298 (2011-12)
- Continuing Education - 9,983 (2011-12)
- Curriculum - 46
- Continuing Education - Varied programs to support industry, fire, medical; occupational extension services, and varied community services.
Faculty/Staff:Approximately 300 full-time employees
School Colors:Royal Blue and Silver
An Equal Opportunity Institution
Johnston Community College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all areas of education and employment. Accordingly, JCC does not practice or condone discrimination in any form against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age religion, or national origin. The College is committed to full compliance with all federal laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination.