Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Training and EducationEMT Basic Program
EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Certification Courses
EMS Continuing Education calendar
Tactical Medical Operator
Johnston Community College EMT-Paramedic ProgramWelcome to the EMT-Paramedic Program at JCC! We thank you for choosing JCC for your education needs and look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.
COURSE INFORMATION:EMT-Paramedic program is a year-long EMT Basic to Paramedic credential that is offered on a shift friendly schedule. Here are a few highlights of the class:
- One class per week: Monday or Thursday; 8:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Average of one clinical shift per week with flexible scheduling
- Weekend classes according to syllabus
- PHTLS, ACLS, PALS, PEPP, AMLS, NIMS certifications included
- EMS 3000 Anatomy and Physiology offered on-line as a co-requisite
- Graduation is May 2014
Please complete as indicated.
REGISTRATION:When: Contact Jeremy Beal, EMT Paramedic Program Coordinator to schedule an appointment.
Registration Deadline is Monday May 13, 2013
Where: Public Safety Service Building (PSSB)
245 College Road Smithfield, NC 27577
ON THE DAY OF REGISTRATION:
- Please be present on the date and time listed above
- Complete the JCC Registration Form
- Pick up Paramedic Program Acceptance Packet and information sheet on the Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen process
- Pick up information on JCC EMS Physical Assessment Test (PAT)
- Complete the TABE test that evaluates Reading comprehension on the post-secondary level, English language skills, and compliance with the mathematical skills on the high school grade level
- Payment $238.00 in the form of a money order, credit card or personal check.
- $180.00 Registration fee for Division I
- A 2nd registration fee of $180.00 will be required for Division II. Division II registration will be held on January 6th and 9th 2014
- $19.00 Insurance fee
- $39.00 certification card fee. (ACLS, PALS, PHTLS, AMLS)
To receive tuition waiver:
- EMS personnel must be listed on an official Johnston County agency roster. Provide a copy of the current roster at registration. Roster must include position and the current year. A 2014 roster will be required for Division II
- Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must include at registration a letter on official department letter head that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. One letter can list multiple members from an agency. A 2nd letter dated 2014 will be required for Division II registration
- Without proper documentation at registration will result in tuition payment before student will be allowed to register for class. This may affect guaranteeing you a slot in class
- Private owned agencies and non-emergency transport services do not qualify for tuition waiver
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card.
You may register to take class at (919) 209-2168 if you are not certified (must complete before second week of class)
- Purchase the required course materials:
AAOS Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets, 7th Edition Volume 1 and 2 plus workbook
More information will be provided at orientation
- Purchase the required uniform: Information provided at orientation
- Go online to www.certifiedbackground.com purchase the required criminal background check and drug screen (approximately $51) using the information attached. Print 2 copies of your receipt of payment from this process and present one copy to the course lead instructor, must be done by second week of class
- TABE test: students that do not meet the minimal requirements must enter into on-line tutoring program and meet the minimal scores prior to end of the paramedic program. PLATO (on-line tutoring program) orientation will be set up through Academic Learning Center
- Submit the completed Health Form signed by your primary healthcare provider
- Submit EMS PAT Medical Clearance form
- Copy of AHA BLS/CPR card
- High school diploma or GED
- Criminal background receipt
- Tdap vaccine: Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis
- Tetanus (is included in Tdap vaccine)
- TST Skin test: 2 step method required (receive 1st injection, wait 30 days and get second injection)
- Hepatitis Series (or sign declination form)
- Varicella (either a positive titer result or evidence of 2 vaccines)
- MMR (positive titer result or evidence of 2 vaccines)
- Influenza Vaccine
- Anatomy & Physiology: EMS3000
- NC Paramedic Refresher Course / National Registry Refresher / NR Transition Course
National Registry Prep/ExamApril 20 and 21, 2013. Both days are required.
Registration is $65.00 plus National Registry exam fees.
Fire, Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($65.00 each section).
Register at Orientation
|For more information, contact:|
|Jeremy W. Beal|
EMT Paramedic Program Coordinator
AHA Coordinator/ EMS Instructor