EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Training and EducationEMT Basic Program
EMT Intermediate Program
EMS Paramedic Training and Education
EMS Certification Courses
EMS Continuing Education calendar
Tactical Medical Operator
EMT Intermediate/Advanced EMT: Shift-Friendly Day CourseLate Registration/Orientation: August 4, 2014 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Location: JCC Public Safety Services Building Auditorium (J1630)
National Standard Curriculum and North Carolina Office of EMS program guidelines.
- Classes will be held on JCC main campus in the Public Safety Service Building (PSSB) starting Tuesday August 12th or Wednesday August 13, 2014 at 8:30 a.m.
- 307 total hours. 211 class room hours & 96 field internship hours.
- One class per week: Tuesday or Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Students must attend their registration day (Tuesday or Wednesday) for the first 10% of class hours.
- Mandatory Saturday and Sundays per course schedule. Schedule provided at orientation.
- Course completed in one semester. Course ends December 2014.
- PHTLS certification included
- High School Diploma or GED
- Credentialed as NC EMT
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS card. You may register to take class at (919) 209-2168 if you are not certified (must complete before second week of class)
- Successful completion of an entrance exam assessing reading comprehension on the post-secondary level, English language skills, and compliance with the mathematical skills on the high school grade level. Entrance exam will be conducted 1st and 2nd week of class.
Measures to meet the entrance exam requirement include:
- College Graduate: Within the last 5 years, graduated from a 2-year or 4-year accredited college. OR
- Reading & Language Requirement:
Within the last 5 years, Reading 090 and ENG 090; have tested out of or completed these courses with at least C average (or) completed ENG 111 with at least C average.
Within the last 5 years, MAT 070; have tested out of or completed the course with at least C average (or) completed MAT 140 or 161 with at least C average.
- (Non-JCC students must bring sealed transcript to orientation).
Late Registration/Orientation:Date August 4, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Location: JCC, Public Safety Service Complex
245 College Rd.
Smithfield, NC 27577
- Please be present on the date and time listed above
- Complete the JCC Registration Form
- Pick up EMT-I Program course information and materials
- Payment in the form of a money order, credit card or personal check.
- $180 Registration fee
- $19 Clinical Liability Insurance fee (If not covered by sponsor provider)
- $15 for PHTLS certification card (collected during course)
Rescue and EMS may qualify for tuition waiver ($180 fee).
To receive tuition waiver:
- Fire & EMS personnel must be listed on an official Johnston County agency roster. Provide a copy of the current roster at registration. Roster must include position and the current year.
- Out-Of-County Fire and EMS personnel must include at registration a letter on official department letterhead that includes documentation of active membership, position and that this course is necessary for your job. One letter can list multiple members from an agency
- Improper documentation at registration will result in tuition payment requirement before student will be allowed to register for class. This may affect guaranteeing your slot in class.
- ***Private owned agencies and non-emergency transport services do not qualify for tuition waiver***
|For more information, contact:|
|Jeremy W. Beal|
EMT Paramedic Program Coordinator
AHA Coordinator/ EMS Instructor