Emergency Loans for Books
The Johnston Community College Foundation has established a fund to provide emergency loans to students for required textbooks and required materials. The loan fund is intended to be a revolving account with loan collections being available to be re-loaned.
The guidelines for administering the loan fund are as follows:
- The maximum amount to be loaned to an individual per semester shall be $400.
- Continuing students should have maintained a GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Student should not have a history of excessive withdrawals from classes.
- Student must apply for all other types of financial aid prior to applying for this funding. Exception would be VA students.
- Student must sign a contract with payment plan dates.
- Loans are available only at Registration.
- The foundation director and vice president of student services or designee/s must approve any exceptions.
- Loans are on a first-come, first-served basis. There are only a limited amount of funds available.
The loans apply to both in-state and out-of-state students. All loans will have a specified repayment date. Students who do not repay loans by the specified date will not be allowed to register for a new semester.