Welcome to the Student Computer LabLocated in the Wilson Building, Room 2007, the Lab is open to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff who need computer access to complete online assignments/quizzes/tests/exams, access Blackboard or WebAdvisor and check email.
Hours/ScheduleMonday – Thursday (Spring/Summer/Fall)
7:30 a.m. - 9:00 pm
Friday: (Spring & Fall)
7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
Summer ~ Closed Fridays
PoliciesIn order to use the Lab, all students must:
- Show a current Johnston Community College ID on each visit
- Sign an Open Lab Policy Agreement on the first visit.
- Follow all posted lab rules
- No children or visitors allowed
- Remain quiet and respectful and do not disturb others
- No food or drink
- Cell phones must be in vibrate mode and calls must be answered and completed outside the lab
- Students must sign in upon entering and sign out upon leaving the lab
They may not assist students with coursework and/or test completion. Tutoring Assistance is available through Academic Services.
All students, faculty, and staff who use JCC’s technology resources must comply with JCC’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
Hardware/SoftwareThe Computer Lab currently has 38 networked computers, a flatbed scanner/printer, and 2 black and white laser printers.
The following software/applications are currently available in the lab:
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Foxfire
- Adobe Reader, Flash, and Shockwave Player
- Windows Media Player
- Blackboard IM
- Google Cloud
- Windows Live Movie Maker
- Cortez Peters Keyboarding
- Keyboarding Pro Deluxe
- Gadwin Printscreen
- Comprehensive Medical Terminology v 4.0
- Understanding Health Insurance Medisoft v 16
- Law, Liability, & Ethics for Medical Office Professionals
- Integrated Accounting v 7.0
- Start-Stop Universal Transcription System
- Medisoft v 16