Admission Criteria: Cosmetology
In addition to general admission standards, Cosmetology admission requirements are as follows:
- Meet health standards specific to the occupation.
- Must have attained a minimum score of 64 on the reading placement test or have completed RED 080 with a grade of "C" or above.
- The Student Medical Form (physical examination by a physician) is required prior to initial registration.
- A cosmetology student transferring to JCC from another cosmetology art school must complete at least 500 hours at Johnston Community College.
- For transferring or returning students, NC State Board credit of hours and/or performances expire five years from the initial starting date of each state board enrollment period. Expired credits cannot be accepted towards a current enrollment period. NC State Board credits for candidates who have applied for testing prior to the five year expiration date are valid and candidates are eligible to sit for the NC State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination.
|For more information, contact:|
|Jennifer W Wells|
Director of Cosmetology Programs