*** If you are interested in becoming a teacher assistant for Johnston County Public Schools, please check the Teacher Assistant Education page for more information on the teacher assistant program and the program's testing requirements. ***
National Career Readiness Certification
The National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) is a portable credential that verifies foundational workplace skills and proves to employers that you have the skills to do the job!
- To earn the NCRC, you must successfully complete the WorkKeys Assessment in Applied Math, Graphic Literacy and Workplace Documents.
- The full assessment will take approximately three (3) hours to complete.
- WorkKeys Assessments help you measure the workplace skills that can affect your job performance.
- Bronze- Score at least Level 3 in all three core areas which demonstrates the necessary skills for approximately 35% of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
- Silver- Score at least Level 4 in all three core areas which demonstrates the necessary skills for approximately 65% of the jobs in the WorkKeys database (minimum level required for JCC BioWork Program)
- Gold- Score at least Level 5 in all three core areas which demonstrates the necessary skills for approximately 90% of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
- Platinum- Score at least Level 6 in all three core areas which demonstrates the necessary skills for approximately
99% of the jobs in the WorkKeys database
The National Career Readiness Certificate proves to employers that you have the skills to do the job!
For additional information on the assessments, visit ACT WorkKeys
Total testing fee for ACT National Career Readiness Certification (WorkKeys) = $36.
The WorkKeys assessments (NCRC) cost $12 per assessment
3 assessments: Applied Math, Graphic Literacy, Workplace Documents
> Please PRE-REGISTER for a testing session by contacting Shelley Gardner.
> Payment will need to be made in full with the JCC Business Office PRIOR to your scheduled test time/date.
> Please bring a copy of your JCC receipt showing payment for verification purposes.
Testing LocationWorkforce Development Center
135 Best Wood Drive, Clayton, NC 27520
*All fees are subject to change
Contact for test scheduling