This 220-hour course provides students class/lab/clinical instruction in blood sampling and specimens for laboratory analysis. Upon completion, students are eligible to take the National Certification Exam.
Estimated Program Cost
Background Check and Drug Acreen: $120
Phlebotomy Handbook: $105.47
Name Tag: $4.25 with tax
Proper Uniform for Clinical: $30
BLS Class: $77.75
*All prices are subject to change
- Current BLS card, Must be for Healthcare Provider.
- Two matching government ID cards (Photo driver's license/social security card/military or passport).
- High School Diploma/GED/ High School Transcript – if not must pass reading test.
- High School Students require a Duel Enrollment Form signed by principle before first day of class.
- Must be 17 years of age or older at time of registration.
To register, bring copies of the following to the Registration/Orientation:
- Your completed Registration Form (PDF)
- A copy of your High School diploma or equivalent*
- Valid Driver's License
- Current HealthCare Provider CPR card**
- Social Security Card
*If you have not completed high school or have a GED, you must take a reading placement test (PDF).
(High School students must complete a dual enrollment form.)
**You must be certified in BLS (CPR) for Healthcare Providers for this class. Please call (919) 209-2522 to register.
BLS (CPR) is offered the second and fourth Saturdays each month. Cost is $77.75.
Please note: Class space is limited and enrollment is on a first-come first-served
Please be advised that clinical hours are during the day (7:00 a.m. - 5:00 a.m.)
2018 Spring Semester
Mar. 12-June 28
Mon/Thurs., 6:00-9:00 p.m. and clinical times TBA.
April 17-Aug. 09
Tues/Wed., 6:00-9:00 p/m. and clinical times TBA.
Administrative Assistant for CNA
Connie H. Grady
Director, Health Education and Nursing Assistant Programs
Public Safety Services J1130