Career Services Center
Johnston Community College provides a variety of services to help students and graduates develop job search skills and locate employment. In addition to face-to-face workshops, seminars and one-on-one appointments. Career Services offers self-directed resources designed to assist individuals in making informed decisions concerning their education and career path.
Career Development provides individual assistance and online resources for:
- Career assessment and exploration
- Career counseling and planning
- Resumé and cover letter assistance
- Job search strategies
- Interview stategies
- Work-Based learning
- Job placement and internships
For more information, please call the Career Services Center at (919) 209-2521.
Hours: Monday through Thursday 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm
The Big Interview
We are pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview. Big Interview is an online system that combines training AND practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools including:
- Challenging, virtual mock interviews for all experience levels and dozens of industries
- A database of thousands of interview questions with tips on how to answer them
- The ability to rate and share your interview answers for feedback
- A comprehensive video training curriculum covering all aspects of landing a job
- A step-by-step interview Answer Builder for crafting answers to behavioral questions
Register for a Big Interview Account
If you are a current student:
STEP 1: Go to Johnston Community College’s Big Interview and click “Register”.
STEP 2: Complete registration process
STEP 3: You’ll then receive a confirmation email at your SCHOOL email address. Click “Verify” in the email, and you’ll be able to start using Big Interview.
If you are an alumni:
STEP 1: Go to Johnston Community College Alumni Big Interview and click “Register”.
STEP 2: Register by entering this code: 1969
STEP 3: Complete registration process
Career Center (Self-Directed):
Room C1034, in the Wilson Building (across from student services)
Monday – Thursday: 8:30AM–12:00PM and 1:00PM-5:00PM
To schedule an individual appointment contact:
Career Center 919-209-2521
Room C1034, Wilson Building