Welcome to the Computer Lab
Located in the Wilson Building, Room 2007, the Computer Lab is open to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff who need computer access to complete online assignments/quizzes/tests/exams, access Blackboard or WebAdvisor and check e-mail.
Monday – Thursday 7:30am - 9:00pm
Friday 7:30am – 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 9:00pm
To use the Lab, all students must:
- Show a current Johnston Community College ID on each visit.
- Sign-in to our Acculite visits tracking system.
- Sign out upon leaving.
- Follow all posted lab rules.
- Refrain from disturbing others by remaining quiet and respectful.
- Turn cell phone off or to vibrate mode and exit the Computer Lab to use their cell phones.
*No food or drinks are allowed
*No children or visitors are allowed
JCC Faculty/Staff Guideline
JCC faculty/staff members who need accommodations for their class as a whole will need to contact the Computer Lab Manager for seating availability.
The Computer Lab Assistants can assist with hardware and software issues only
They may not assist students with coursework and/or test completion. Tutoring Assistance is available through Academic Skills Center.
All students, faculty, and staff who use JCC’s technology resources must comply with JCC’s Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
The Computer Lab currently has 37 networked computers, a flatbed scanner, 2 black and white printers and 1 color printer.
The following software/applications are currently available in the computer lab:
- Windows 10
- MS Office Suite 2016 (word, excel, onenote, access, publisher, powerpoint)
- Internet Explorer
- VLC player
- Adobe Reader DC
- Foxit Reader
- Maple 2018
- Quickbooks Premier 2018
- Solid Works 2018
- Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1
- Visual Studio Community 2017
- Python 3.5
- Dragon Naturally Speaking 13.0 (on one computer)
*Please Note: No software may be installed on computers without IT Department approval.