DISTRICT ATTORNEY SUSAN DOYLE WANTS YOU
TO BECOME A SAFER DRIVER!
If you have been charged with one of the traffic violations listed below, the Safe Driving Program may prevent assessment of insurance points or premium surcharges on your insurance policy and/or points on your driver’s license.
You must complete the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Alive @ 25 Defensive Driving Course through Johnston Community College. This program is made available by the Johnston County District Attorney’s Office, Johnston Community College, and the Safety and Health Council of North Carolina.
You may be eligible for this program if you are 16 - 24 years old and if your traffic citation is for:
You are not eligible for this program if...
- You have paid off the ticket or citation before class
- You have taken the course in the last three (3) years
- You have been charged with an offense in a school or work zone
- Anti-lock brake systems
- Aggressive driver behaviors
- Benefits of using occupant restraint systems
- Conditions that may increase the hazards and risks of hazards
- Defensive driving techniques
- Developing a personal plan to use defensive driving techniques
- Fatal four driving behaviors
- Impact of driver condition on safety
- Legal responsibilities of a licensed driver
- "Pet peeves" on the road
- Risks and hazards on the roadway
- Self-control behind the wheel
Why Take This Course?
Insurance points will cost you money. The Defensive Driving Course may minimize or prevent the assessment of insurance points or premium surcharges on your insurance policy and/or points on your driver's license.
|Points||% Rate||Cost if Basic Rate is $300||Points||% Rate||Cost if Basic Rate is $300|
Johnston Community College is the certified National Safety Council Public Sub-Agency serving Johnston County for the Safety and Health Council of North Carolina.
For Class Dates...
Please contact the defensive driving office between the hours of 8am and 2pm Monday through Thursday and 8am and 12pm on Fridays.
Ready to Register?
The Defensive Driving Registration Information page has important information regarding registration and links to the appropriate defensive driving course registration forms.
For more information, contact:
JCC Defensive Driving